Sanford Seminole Art Association
Members Annual Show
Jeanine Taylor’s“Gallery on First”
APRIL 19-MAY 3, 2017
1. Deadline for entry forms: MONDAY APRIL 3, 2017.
Turn in your entry form (and a bio sheet) at the Saturday, February 25th SSAA meeting, the Saturday, March 25th SSAA meeting, or mail these forms (by snail mail) before the deadline to SSAA, P.O. Box 2918, Sanford, FL 32772. It is critical to get all entrant information so that we can print our show information for the reception!
2. PLEASE PRINT ALL ARTWORK TITLES AND PRICING VERY, VERY CLEARLY!
3. With your entry form, bring a Biographic sheet, 8.5 X 11 for our artist booklet (an artist picture on the sheet would be helpful). Please print all information neatly and legibly. Turn in your entry form and bio at the February 25th (Saturday) meeting, the March 25th (Saturday) meeting or mail it in before April 3, 2017!
4. Art works will be hung together in Salon style (vertical). Framed/ Gallery Wrapped, 2-D works and Photography MUST BE WIRED for hanging. Artist must supply a stand/pedestal or base for their 3-D works. All submittals are welcome! However, because of space limitations, please SUBMIT ONLY TWO PIECES FOR THE SHOW.
5. Entries must be an original composition of artist submitting the work, completed in the last 2 years and not have been a winner in previous SSAA shows. Closely copied works from a workshop or class are not allowed.
6. Eligibility –Paid members who have attended 3 meetings since last Show in March 2016. Any questions: contact Membership Chair –Bob Jackson at 407-788-6740 or at Bob@globalhub.com
7. No size requirement for display. A variety of sizes/shapes from the same artist will be hung together vertically. 3-D work can be displayed with that artist’s 2-D works.
8. Award Ribbons shall be presented at the Meet the Artist Reception, Sunday, April 23, 1:00 – 4:00 pm. Voting for the “People’s Choice” award occurs between 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
Ribbons are awarded for the following categories:
-Best in Show, 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Honorable mention (10), People’s Choice,
-Peacha Wiggins $200 (This award is endowed by her son for a typically “Floridian” subject. Art work will hang proudly at Sunniland Corp. offices for one year),
-Troy Ray Award. (This is given in honor of our long time treasurer that features uniquely “Sanford” subjects or themes.)
9. Deliver work to “Gallery on First” –WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19, 10:00am- 12:00 pm
(NO WORK will be ACCEPTED after 12:00 PM).
Please clearly label all work on the back and have it WIRED ready to hang. The show committee does reserve the right to select or disqualify according to available space and/or appropriate content.
Note: Art work will not be accepted on April 19 unless your entry form has been received by April 3 (Monday), 2017. So please get those entry forms in!
10. Sunday, April 23rd, 2017. Meet the Artist Reception and Award Ceremony, 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
Please bring finger food to the reception and help host our event. Please also bring refreshments (including wine). We will have assigned “wine pourers” as there will be minors present.
11. Please pick up your work at Gallery On First from 10:00 to 12:00 on Wednesday, May 3rd.